Friday, June 12, 2009

New website and Licentious Child

Woot! I has a website! I've had other websites in the past, but none of which have looked half as good as this new one. I used wix.com, which lets you make free flash websites, and I am incredibly pleased. You can access this new uber-site of mine here, and it's also listed in the sidebar under "Lovely Links".

Anyway, so I mentioned in a very brief entry back in January that I'm continuing Licentious Child. Well I had put that on hold due to school work and another idea that I was pursuing (*cough*Scarlett*cough*), but I'm back to working on LC now! I'm very concerned about the cohesiveness of the book, to be honest. See, I wrote the first part (the original novella) is first person, and now the second part I've written in third. It works really well in third person, and it brings the story out of Dahlia's head, but I'm unsure of how well the story flows with the POV switching and whatnot.

On the bright side, Dahlia is learning to cope with her new powers quite well. She still has issues with the whole werewolf thing, but she meets a certain someone who shows her that being a mythological creature is not as bad as she makes it out to be. The novella didn't have a happy ending, but the full-length novel seems to be on the road towards a happily ever after (or close enough, anyway).

I'm also considering a penname, perhaps something with "Sinclair" in it. Opinions, anyone? I'm just concerned that people from my church will read my book, and suffice it to say, there is certainly some non-church friendly stuff going on in my book. Nothing graphic, but still...

-Mary

No comments: